Where do we start?

bo_knows
Site Admin

Re: Where do we start?

Postby bo_knows » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:29 pm

With the holidays behind us (what a bad time to start a project, eh?), I managed to merge the Angular UI commit and added some more functionality to the year-by-year simulation to simulate spending and got started on including market gains.

Hopefully we'll have a framework of simulation up soon, and more people can contribute.
-Bo (Creator and Admin for cFIREsim)

britgamer

Postby britgamer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:48 pm

I'm afraid I've been distracted by a new job. I'm still planning on making a start on the UI testing once things settle down a bit.

britgamer

Postby britgamer » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:37 pm

Just to check are people OK with using Node to run the tests?

I've started looking at Jasmine and we need some way of actually kicking off the tests. At work we use Visual Studio but that is a big install and obviously Windows only.

If we use node there is still an install but at least it's cross platform and all the config can be done inside the project via package.json and Grunt.

redcup

Postby redcup » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:57 pm

I was going to pm bo_knows directly, but it turns out that I am not allowed to do pm's, so I'll just ask here.

What are the things that still need to be done on the project that need help?

bo_knows
Site Admin

Postby bo_knows » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:43 pm

I apologize to all who have been looking on these forums. I've been incredibly busy in the last month or 2. We've gotten our house ready for sale, sold it, and house hunted a TON to find something else to move to. It's been exhausting and it's not over yet!

I'm going to make an effort to review the cFIREsim Open project this weekend to see what needs to be done and where we are on releasing it. I'd say that the primary thing I'm still looking into is how to store saved simulations locally. I saw a few suggestions, but I'm not familiar with them and haven't done a proof of concept. I might implement a simple database connection for the cFIREsim open in the beginning, just so we can release the new streamlined version to the public sooner.
-Bo (Creator and Admin for cFIREsim)

Return to “cFIREsim Open Source Project”